Sunday, November 8, 2009

Post #6


I did my powerpoint on types of animals for an elementary school grade level science class. After reading the book on critiquing criteria, I can see I have made a successful presentation. I have made the text age appropiate. The titles are large and clear and the fonts are fun and not too busy.
Each slide contains a clear lesson and straightforward information. With the animations I keep the presentation interesting for the students. All the slides include colorful photos that also keep a well organized and interesting presentation.
Peripherals such as printers and projectors are used in a classroom to present material to students as handouts or visual/audio lessons. Non-computer peripherals such as a chalk board should not be replaced completely by technology though. Many students need the visual aid of the teacher performing the task in front of them. i plan to use both as a teacher and integrate them together so all my students can learn at the best ability they can!
The new thing I learned this week is wikispace! I am very excited to use it in the future because I believe that it is a great way for students and teachers to communicate outside the classroom. I would post my lessons for additional aid to students. I hope that my students will be enthusiastic about it and maybe more willing to do their outside work. i would also use it for group projects so i can track their progress and make sure they stay on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment