Monday, September 28, 2009

Post #3

Since I am hoping to teach younger students, the technology use wont be too advanced. Most of my computer use will be with using instructional software. It will help children students who are learning facts that they need to help them reason and think at higher levels. Drill-and-practice software for vocabulary and spelling are good examples used in the book. I can imagine that for all subject areas, I will be using instructional software along with my own teaching. So for an example of a lesson plan appropriate for second or third grade math, I would teach the students the problem in a lecture style, give them examples, and then reinforce the idea with instructional software appealing to their age and skills. Using the computer to back up what I have taught will be a great back up tool. And students who need extra work can do many problems without wasting paper and at that age are still intrigued by computers so they might like learning more.

Teaching younger students Im not so much worried about the surfing the web instead of doing their work, it is more making sure they are staying on task and making sure they take care of the equipment properly. I can say there is a good chance many students wont properly log out or shut down. Also, if a student has never had a computer at home, they might be lacking basic computer skills, making it harder for them to learn instead of assisting. If they have never had a computer at such a young age, it will also possibly hold back other students who are wanting to learn faster.

www.proteacher.com
The above website is an excellent tool for teachers. Its almost like a blog that gives teachers ideas how to teach subjects effectively. Teachers from all over can submit how they taught their students and what worked, and what didnt.  For example, there were 16 posts of good ideas on how to teach symmetry to elementary students. The subjects mentioned are limitless and allows teachers to branch out and use creative ideas. 
http://www.education-world.com/a_tech/
the above website is a site designed to help teachers effectively integrate technology in the classroom. it gives examples for math, science, and reading tools available online for students.

No comments:

Post a Comment