As a student, I have used MS Word for school since I can remember. All essays and papers were required to be written using word or an equivalent. MS Word was always an easier way to type up the assignments because of spell check and other grammar assistance. Word always saved me lots of time. I have used MS Word to make tables, charts, graphics, and Word Art. I also used word as a tool for my yearbook class. We would write our captions and on-page articles in word and then copy them to the actual page documents. I have seen teachers use MS Word for everything from making quizzes to outlines for notes. They relied on the spell and grammar checks almost as much as we did!
Like the example in the book, out school used MS Word for our newspaper. As mentioned before I was on yearbook staff and we used Word for our projects to. Not only did we use Word for our pages and layouts but to make flyers to let students know when the yearbook was coming out and other fundraisers we were having. It was an easy, simple way of getting the word around. W could make t hem bright and colorful and they were easy to read!
The main thing that I have learned from this class is how to use Jing and the print screen key. Something so simple could of been so useful in class presentations. Since I now know how to do that, I will use it in my own classroom. Tools such as page break will be useful to be when designing tests. Also how to make a quiz on word. I always just pressed enter and used tabs a lot, now I know the proper and easier way to do it with using bullets!
Blog Journal #10 prompts
16 years ago
thats interesting that in yearbook you used Word for your projects and not a, for lack of a better word, more professional program for that kind of thing. I was on the yearbook staff in my high school too and we used all kinds of crazy programs for the actual layouts and such.
ReplyDeleteIt's cool that you were able to use Word in yearbook and yield as great results as those who were taught using fancier software, because they might not always have access to those programs, but most computers come with Word or an equivalent. So you're really better off using that program.
ReplyDelete