
I dont have much experience with technology. Like all college students, I am familiar with facebook, youtube, etc., but actual software is a mystery to me. I did T.A. a class in high school and had to use the active board while teaching. I enjoyed learning how to work it but was often confused. I am however an expert on photoshop. I was yearbook senior editor and photoshop was my best friend during that class. So basically, I can type a paper, upload a picture onto facebook, and edit an image but not much more than that.
This class, though a requirement, is hopefully going to save me later in life when I am unable to teach because of lack of technology skills. I really hope to learn more about excel. I also would like to learn how each program can be used specifically for the classroom. I hope by the end of this class I am more accustomed to technology and not afraid to try more out.
My learning style is for sure leaning on the more active and visual side. I tend to learn better by trying things out first to see how it is done. I need to discuss and apply things to understand them. Working in a group would be much more enjoyable and beneficial for me because of the interaction. I need to see graphs and pictures to better understand the concepts. Sitting in a class just taking notes will be especially hard for me. In regards to sensing and intuitive learning, I am fairly balanced between the two. I do like learning facts and solving equations more than having to discover the answers, so I lean slightly more on the sensing side. I lean heavily on the sequential side of learning. I like to learn things in a step by step fashion. If I don't understand the material, I might still understand it by following the directions.
No comments:
Post a Comment